Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Civil Wars - 20 Years



Artist: The Civil Wars
Track: 20 Years
Album: Barton Hollow
Year: 2011

Since it's raining outside my window, today's song is the very beautiful "20 Years" by The Civil Wars. It's a perfect rainy day song. The guitar is absolutely beautiful and calming, but it's the vocals that really get me. Their voices complement each other so gracefully and the harmonies they create are soothing and almost dreamy. 
I wish I could feature their entire album, but that's not what I do here. So, please go listen to the rest of the album. It's all amazing.
 
Click here for lyrics, video & links!
LYRICS:
There's a note underneath your front door
That I wrote twenty years ago
Yellow paper and a faded picture
And a secret in an envelope

There's no reasons, no excuses
There's no secondhand alibis
Just some black ink on some blue lines
And a shadow you won't recognize

In the meantime I'll be waiting
For twenty years, twenty more
I'll be praying for redemption
And your note underneath my door

MUSIC VIDEO:
    This isn't an official music video, but a live recording in the Union Chapel in London. They sound pretty much exactly like the studio track! 
    
LINKS:
    The Civil Wars' Website: http://thecivilwars.com/
    The Civil Wars' iTunes Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/the-civil-wars/id338978323 

No comments:

Post a Comment