Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pentatonix - Aha!



Artist: Pentatonix
(Original Artist: Imogen Heap)
Track: Aha!
Album: Pentatonix Volume 1
Year: 2012

I. LOVE. PENTATONIX. No, seriously. I have an almost unhealthy obsession with them. They're just so amazing and I'm pretty sure this post is going to be one big, rambing rave about this group. I've loved them from the second I saw them on the a capella competition TV show called The Sing Off. I even went to their concert this last weekend and it was probably one of the most amazing concerts I've been to. 

What is a cappella, you ask? To put it simply: it's a style of music created with only voices. No instruments. Cool, huh?

And Pentatonix redefines the limits of a cappella. I'm amazed at what the voices of five young members can achieve. They manage to make the fullest sound to their music and do so with such a quirky twist. I'm in awe of their arrangements. Oh, did I mention there were only five of them? 

Now, about the song. "Aha!" is a cover of a song by Imogen Heap and frankly, I like Pentatonix's version better. (Sorry, Imogen) I had heard the song on their EP, but it was only after I heard them perform it live was I hooked. I must point out my favorite member of the group, Avi, the super-low bass. I'm pretty sure he can reaches notes lower than any human should. And Mitch, the soloist, has an amazingly beautiful voice. I don't think words to their music justice, so I will say no more.

Also, I cannot beg you enough to click the link to see more and browse through their YouTube channel, watch their Sing Off performances and listen to the rest of their EP.

Click for lyrics, music video, & links!

LYRICS:

La-la-la-la, oh

Eat, sleep, and breathe it
You're full of the stuff
Go back, tie it up tight.
Wheat, meat, dairy-free tea, 
Total happy-clappy high on life
You should try it
You should know (you should know) you should know
Go on while no one's looking

Aha!
(Gotcha now)
Gotcha now!
Caught you red handed in the biscuit tin
Cost you to keep me quiet!

La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la la, La-la-la-la
La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la-la, oh

Golden boy boots, pocket pedal stool
Making sharp smart moves
Plastic, tin can, paper separator
Busy bee wave, wave save the planet flag
But sneaky in suburbia

Aha!
Candid camera!
Hook, line and sinker for the four-wheel drive
Cost you to keep me quiet!

Keep me quiet! 
(Keep me quiet!, Keep my quiet!)

La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la la, La-la-la-la
La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la-la, oh

Nicest, sweetest, up-most in everything
It's so charming, very charming
Well rocekn, can play the fool
No one's ill at ease 
And put their deepest Swiss bank trust in you
No one saw it coming

Cost you to keep me quiet!

La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la la, La-la-la-la
La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la-la
Oiy!

MUSIC VIDEO:

LINKS:

    Pentatonix's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PTXofficial
    Pentatonix's Website: http://www.ptxofficial.com
    YouTube Playlist of all Pentatonix's Perfomances on The Sing Off: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD92C12D14F375E86
    

2 comments:

  1. Wow amazing blog

    really looking cool
    I will visit here now on daily basis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!!
      I hope you find a song you like :)

      Delete