Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ryan Adams - Desire



Artist: Ryan Adams
Track: Desire
Album: Demolition
Year: 2002

I discovered this song through the TV show House (it was also in the show West Wing) and I feel like that's how most people know this song. This album was a collection of other studio tracks Ryan Adams recorded, but just didn't make the cut on his previous studio albums.

There's a nice, but dreary country feel to the track. My favorite parts are when he first sings "desire" and the acoustics pick up a bit. WARNING, the harmonicas loudly come out of nowhere which is my only complaint with this song. However, I love the rest of the song too much to pass up on it simply because of some over zealous harmonica playing.

Click for lyrics & links!

LYRICS:

Two hearts fading, like a flower.
And all this waiting, for the power.
For some answer, to this fire.
Sinking slowly. The water’s higher.
Mmm, 
Desire, 
Desire

With no secrets. No obsession.
This time I'm speeding with no direction.
Without a reason. What is this fire?
Burning slowly. My one and only.
Mmm, 
Desire
Desire
Desire
Desire

You know me. You know my way in.
You just can't show me, but God I'm praying,
That you'll find me, and that you'll see me,
That you run and never tire.
Mmm, 
Desire
Desire
Desire
Desire

LINKS:

    Ryan Adams' Website: http://paxamrecords.com/
     Ryan Adams' iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ryan-adams/id1010602

2 comments:

  1. Out of all Ryan Adam's albums, Demolition is my favorite. Great track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, this is the only track I know by him. I should really go listen to more of his music.

      Glad you liked this one. :)

      Delete