Thursday, November 1, 2012

Butterfly Boucher - A Bitter Song


Artist: Butterfly Boucher
Track: A Bitter Song
Album: Scary Fragile
Year: 2009

This song is just what I need right now. Something simple, but beautiful. It's a short song and I wish there was more of it. Butterfly's voice is soft and sad with flowing background vocals and a simple piano accompaniment. And yes, Butterfly is her real first name.  
I didn't know this when I found the song, but apparently this song was used at an important event in the show Grey's Anatomy. I won't say which part so as to not spoil it for anyone.
Click for lyrics, music video, & links!
LYRICS:

All I need is a bitter song 
To make me better, much better.
All I need to write is a bitter song 
To make me better, much better.
Mmmm, Mmmm
It found me to hold me,
But I don't like it at all.
Won't feed it, won't grow it, 
It's folded in my stomach.
It's not fair, I found love.
It made me say that, get back 
You'll never see daylight,
If I'm not strong, it just might.
All I need is a bitter song, 
To make me better, much better.
All I need to write is a bitter song 
To make me better.
I feel better, I feel better.
MUSIC VIDEO:

LINKS:

  Butterfly Boucher's Website: http://butterflyboucher.com/
   Butterfly Boucher's iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/butterfly-boucher/id5414181

2 comments:

  1. Love this song! She is adorable! Found you on the talk at bloggers.com. Now following you!

    xo
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much!
      And I'm glad you liked the song :)

      Delete